Thailand Marriage Registration
Our legal staff are experts in the drafting of prenuptial agreements, divorces and protecting the party’s assets either when the relationship begins or ends.
Conditions of Marriage in Thailand
- The marriage can be made only when the man and woman are 17 years old or more. In case of having appropriate reason, the Court may give the leave to them being married before reaching such age.
- The marriage cannot be made if either the man or the woman is the insane person, or the person being adjudged as the incompetent person.
- The man and the woman may not be cousins or direct descendants of each other.
- The adopter and the adopted cannot be married each other.
- The man or the woman cannot be married each other while one has own spouse.
- The marriage can be made only when the man and the woman agree to be the husband and wife each other, and they are to show their consent publicly before the Registrar in order having such consent by the Registrar.
- The marriage in the foreign country between Thai people also or any part of them to be Thai people shall be effected in accordance with the form being prescribed by Thai law of the country where the marriage takes place.
In case of the spouses having the desire to marriage being registered in accordance with Thai law, the registration shall be effected by Thai Diplomatic or Consular Officer.